- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
FBLA Code of Ethics
- be honest and sincere.
- approach each task with confidence in my ability to perform my work at a high standard.
- willingly accept responsibilities and duties.
- seek to profit from my mistakes and take suggestions and criticisms directed toward the improvement of myself and my work.
- abide by the rules and regulations of my school.
- exercise initiative and responsibility and will cooperate with my employer and fellow workers.
- dress and act in a manner that will bring respect to me and to my school.
- seek to improve my community by contributing my efforts and my resources to worthwhile projects.
- education is the right of every person.
- the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family, and educational institutions, as well as people around the world. I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
- every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
- every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community, and family life.
- every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation.
- every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school, and community.
- I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly. I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.
I solemnly promise to uphold the aims and responsibilities of Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda and, as an active member, I shall strive to develop the qualities necessary in becoming a responsible business leader.